Friends Pray For Two Missing UF Students Safe Return
"I just can't believe it's my roommate," Corey Williams said.
UF graduate students Jon Bougher and Roman Safiullin left for Haiti Sunday to work on a documentary film project. Their friends and family have not heard from them since the 7.0 earthquake hit Haiti.
Safiullin's roommate Corey Williams, who last spoke to him on Saturday is beginning to worry. "That's my biggest fear right now is just not knowing, but hoping," Safiullin said. Williams said Safiullin is always punctual so when he didn't respond to phone calls or e-mails, he began to think the worst.
The two students were staying in Port-au-Prince, an area that saw some of the worst of the damage. The realization of such tragedy has been hard for Williams as he encounters the reality of the disaster.
- Two UF Students Are Missing In Haiti
- Two Missing Children Found Safe, Asleep in a Car
- Missing Man Found Safe
- Friends Remain Hopeful for Missing Skydiver
- Alachua County Students Safe Despite Shooting in D.C.
- UF Graduate Students In Haiti Safe
- Two Rescued and Two Missing off Horseshoe Beach
- Gainesville Students Return While Staff Step Up In Wake of Newtown Tragedy
- Praying for a Miracle
- College Students Return to Gainesville