Help For Low Income Families
With the recent cold weather blanketing North Central Florida for some residents, blankets are the only way some people can keep warm, because many of them are living without heat.
And that's where the Central Florida community action agency steps in. Officials say the program recently received federal stimulus money which allows it to help nearly 100 homes in Alachua, Marion and Levy Counties... compared to the 40 it used to help.
In some cases, the program is also partnering with GRU to help lower the energy bill. GRU just received over 500,000 dollars in in federal energy-efficiency grants doubling the number of home upgrades it makes this year.
To get more information on the program and how you can qualify call 352-732-3008 for Marion County, 352-493-1732 for Levy County, or 352-373-7667 for Alachua County.
- Group That Helps Low Income Pets, Needs Financial Boost Of Their Own
- Proposed Farm Bill May Affect Low Income Residents The Most
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- Thanksgiving Baskets Help Local Families
- Rebuild Gainesville Helps Local Family
- Man Dies Trying to Help Family Celebrate Christmas
- Family Found Car in Lake, Called for Help
- Community Helps Alachua Family Recover and Rebuild
- A Way to Help the Jordan Family
- Family Honors Child, Helps Community