Helping Those in Haiti
After a 6.1 magnitude aftershock rolled through the country, helping those in Haiti could seem like a big undertaking. But as relief efforts are underway, helping the country is becoming more easy and convenient.
The Red Cross has teamed up with national phone carriers to make donating simple.
Customers can simply send the word "HAITI" to 90999 and ten-dollars will immediately be donated.
"The outpouring of the public has been great so far as of midday Tuesday we did find that twenty-four million has been pledged to the program overall and ten million of those dollars were donated by our generous AT&T customers" said AT&T spokesperson, Gretchen Schultz.
Standard text charges do not apply if you donate money via text.
The carriers participating in the text program will front the ten-dollars immediately and then charge you on your next month's bill.
- Sole For Souls Helps Those In Haiti
- Kid's Central: Helping Find Homes For Those Who Need It Most
- No Hunger Game Part 2, The Faces Of Those Who Help
- How To Help: Local Haiti Relief Efforts
- Help for Haiti Part One
- Helping Haiti Part 2
- Area Churches Help Haiti, Themselves
- Local PT helps amputees in Haiti
- Gainesville Woman Asks For Help Distributing Haiti Relief Supplies
- Fla: Computer switch won't hurt those seeking aid