Island Grove Fire Claims Two Veterans
The Alachua County Department of Public Safety Personnel responded to 20294 SE 219th Avenue a little after midnight after they received a report of a house fire. When units arrived at the single story, wood frame home, it was fully engulfed in flames.
Two of the three residents are unaccounted for at this time. The third resident, who was not home at the time of the fire, was transported to North Florida Regional Medical Center for an unrelated illness.
The cause of the fire is under investigation by the State Fire Marshal’s Office.
ACDPS personnel have been at the residence all night extinguishing hot spots and searching for pieces of burning material which could reignite a fire.
The Red Cross and the Crisis Intervention Team are helping the family at this time.
Alachua County Sheriff's Office and the State Fire Marshal have confirmed that the two missing people have been found dead in the structure. TV20 is on scene and will have more at noon and 6. Stay tuned.
- Made In America: Island Grove Wine Company
- Car Crash Claims Two Children's Lives
- Former Employee Claims Paramount Plaza Hotel Fired Her For Speaking Up About Bed Bugs
- Veterans Back to School: Part Two
- Two Veterans Recall Comrades, Service
- Senator Nelson Visits Gainesville VA, Learns of Two Veteran Deaths
- Shooting at Forest Grove Baptist Church in Alachua County
- Gainesville Fire Rescue Responds to Two Fires at Same Location
- Dozens Injured In Staten Island Ferry Crash
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations