Mitsubishi MU-2 Planes Have a History of Accidents
Federal investigators are investigating what caused the plane crash-- and it could be awhile before they announce their findings.
But some experienced pilots here in North Central Florida say... they have an idea.
The plane was a Mitsubishi MU-2B... and officials from University Air Center, where the plane took off today, say.... this type of plane has smaller wings, to make it faster. And in the past, that's led to some deadly problems.
According to the National Transportation Safety board, of the 800 MU-2s built between 1967 and 1985, 200 have been in crashes, many fatal.
Two years ago, the FAA issued a mandate for all MU-2 pilots to take special training.
Officials with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America, Inc released a statement saying they plan to be at the site on Tuesday and that their thoughts and prayers are with the families of the pilot and passengers.
- Serious Two Car Accident Might Have Involved a Third Vehicle
- Volusia Schools Will Keep Using History Book
- The Biggest Crib Recall In History.
- City Of Alachua Breaks History With New Hire
- Veteran's History Project
- Ocala Fire Rescue: 125 Years of History
- History Takes Flight
- 17-Year-Old Makes History
- History Revisited at Gainesville Kanapaha Memorial Park Groundbreaking
- Black History Month