More Than 400 People Arrested At Gasparilla Parade
More than 400 alcohol-fueled people celebrating Saturday's Gasparilla parade were arrested in Tampa.
Tampa police said most of the arrests were alcohol-related misdemeanors. Other arrests included battery on a law enforcement officer, fake ids, drug charges and battery on a police horse.
Two dozen people were taken to jail. The rest were released and given notice to appear in court.
Police said seven juveniles face alcohol charges. Officials
attributed the low number of juvenile arrests to an extensive
education campaign in area high schools about a new zero tolerance
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- More than 50 People Arrested for Drugs in Marion County
- More than 50,000 Dead People on Florida Voters List
- St. Francis House Unable To Feed More than 130 People
- Hopkin's Prairie Fire Tears Through More than 19-Hundred Acres in Marion County
- Chatroulette Offers More Than Many Bargained For
- Sunscreen May Be More Important Than You Think
- Women Videotaped While Tanning for More Than a Decade
- More Than Just A "Flasher" Says Victim
- Chicken Lovers Line Up For More than Just the Sandwich
- More Than Just Kids Heading Back to School