Mother Leaves Kids Home Alone, Faces Felony Neglect Charges
A mother of two is behind bars Saturday for leaving her six and seven-year-olds alone at their home for more than three hours.
Rachel West, 37, left her two kids alone in her southwest Gainesville home. After getting worried, her six-year-old son went to look for his mom on Archer Road, deputies said.
Deputies said someone saw the child in the middle of the busy street.
The Department of Children and Families placed both children in the care of West's mother.
West was charged with felony child neglect and was also cited for driving with a license that only allowed her to drive to and from work.
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Man Faces Felony Charges for Marijuana While Boating
- Advantage Towing Could Be Facing Felony Charges
- Two Men Charged with Abusing, Neglecting Their Mother
- Gainesville Woman Facing Child Neglect Charges
- Ocala Woman Faces Child Neglect Charges
- Intoxicated Parents Arrested, Face Child Neglect Charges
- Teenage Mother Arrested After Child Found Alone By Dumpster
- Mother charged after leaving infant in car
- Former NFL Player Leaves Child Alone in Car