New State ID Requirements
Florida drivers trying to renew their licenses are running into some new road blocks. Today was the first day the state began requiring extra identification in order to renew a license or ID card. Drivers unfamiliar with the new requirements are being sent home to get more identification.
Renewing a drivers license just became more demanding. Florida is one of the first states to enact Real ID regulations. Real ID is a federal program passed after 9/11 to make it harder for people to lie about who they are. To get a Real ID you need four forms of Identification; a passport, social security card, or birth certificate will verify who you are, bills or a W2 form will verify where you live. An old Florida drivers license is not valid.
For a more detailed list of what you need to get a Real ID, go to gathergoget.com
- Woman Requires 150 Stitches after Dogs Attack
- Change in State Graduation Requirements
- Florida Works: Requirements & How to Apply
- School Uniform Requirements
- State Training Required For 9-1-1 Dispatchers
- "Clicking" Required for H.S. Diploma
- St. Francis House Expands Clearance Requirement
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- "Thigh Gap:" A Dangerous New Trend