Ocala Residents Welcome Snow, Sleet
It's been twenty years since we last saw snow on the ground in Marion County.
Long-time Florida Resident Judy Mckee lives in Marion County, where snow began to fall around 6 a.m. Mckee, originally from Indianapolis, said this reminds her of home.
"I miss the weather there and came out and took pictures and sent them to all my relatives," said Mckee.
Mckee's mother, Rebecca Hazelwood, who recently moved from Indianapolis, thought she was coming to the sunshine state.
"I said, 'Oh, they'll make fun of me up there because I said I never wanted to see another snow flake. You don't see snow in florida very often," said Hazelwood.
And, Mckee said, "It's a nice temporary change."
Snow was also reported to have fallen in Reddick around 5 a.m. and in Levy County around 5:30 a.m.
- Snow, Sleet Falls On Marion County
- Snow, sleet, ice threat raised in several areas of the South
- Residents Welcome New Ocala Super Charging Station
- Residents wake up to snow flurries
- Residents welcome immigrants
- Ocala welcomes Ladies Professional Golf Association
- Ocala Welcomes Troops Home
- Travolta welcomes Scientology Church in Ocala
- Snow in Gainesville
- Ocala offers free sandbags for residents