Ocala Residents Welcome Snow, Sleet
It's been twenty years since we last saw snow on the ground in Marion County.
Long-time Florida Resident Judy Mckee lives in Marion County, where snow began to fall around 6 a.m. Mckee, originally from Indianapolis, said this reminds her of home.
"I miss the weather there and came out and took pictures and sent them to all my relatives," said Mckee.
Mckee's mother, Rebecca Hazelwood, who recently moved from Indianapolis, thought she was coming to the sunshine state.
"I said, 'Oh, they'll make fun of me up there because I said I never wanted to see another snow flake. You don't see snow in florida very often," said Hazelwood.
And, Mckee said, "It's a nice temporary change."
Snow was also reported to have fallen in Reddick around 5 a.m. and in Levy County around 5:30 a.m.
- Snow, Sleet Falls On Marion County
- Ocala Welcomes Troops Home
- Travolta welcomes Scientology Church in Ocala
- Ocala Warns Residents of Utility Bill Scam
- Concerned Residents in Ocala After Two Murders
- Enough Is Enough: Ocala Residents React to Violence
- Ocala Residents Facing Increased Electric Bills
- No Public Transportation in Parts of Ocala...Leave Residents With No Choice
- Snow in Gainesville
- BABY WELCOME KITS