Propane Shortage Statewide
With the cold weather the demand of energy remains high. This is causing problems for some distributors who might run out of propane if the governor doesn't step in. People are burning gas so quick to heat their homes local distributors say they can't keep up with the demand.
The problem is local companies aren't receiving enough deliveries. Government restrictions limit how many hours propane deliverers can work in a week and that isn't enough hours to meet the need.
An executive order to relax the restrictions temporarily has been sent to Governor Charlie Crist. Sam LeNeave of Davis Gas says, "If we don't get a relaxation on the restrictions on the drivers that deliver the propane to our plant we're going to be running out of propane." David Rogers of Florida Propane Gas Association says they are hopefully the governor will sign the executive order soon.
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Statewide Wage Theft Bill Fails, Paving the Way for Alachua County's Ordinance
- New Statewide Road Rage Law in Effect
- Florida's State-Wide Budget Cuts Hit Home for UF Professors
- Statewide association considers cutting back school sports
- Gainesville Courted By Statewide Candidates Before Election
- Statewide Election Results
- Doctor Shortage Solution?
- Local Type O Blood Shortage
- Why is there a shortage of engineers?