Series of Church Burglaries Continues
The most recent in a series of church burglaries occurred in Williston this past weekend. The United Methodist Church on Noble Avenue was entered Sunday night in to Monday morning by persons unknown. A minor attack was made on the safe, but entry was not gained. The suspects removed the glass from an office door to gain entry.
There have been as many as 65 burglaries of churches in a five county are in the past six months. The Catholic Church outside Williston and the Baptist Church in Bronson have both been hit in recent months, The Williston Police Department and the Citrus County Sheriff's Office have both run special details to catch the culprits. Investigators here are now pursuing forensic leads. Williston Chief Davis has personally visited city churches to encourage them not to keep cash on the premises. Williston officers have been targeting churches during their night shift patrols.
- Churches Across Five Counties Hit By Over Two Dozen Burglaries
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- Money Stolen From Church
- Church Locked Down
- Gainesville Church Hosts Job Fair
- Bronson Church Service Interrupted
- As Neighborhood Protestors Rally, Church Plans to Add More Signs
- Gainesville Church Prepares for Dedication
- Family Life Church Members Meet to Discuss Pastor
- Church Behind Offensive T-Shirt at School