Technology Spotlight 1/12/10
At nearly $700 a pound, "Kopi Luwak" is easily the most expensive coffee in the world. Its also the most unusual. Coffee beans are processed naturally--by being eaten by the nocturnal civet cat, whose gastrointestinal juices process the bean before it is eliminated from the cat's system. The result: the smoothest, least bitter, most flavorful and aromatic coffee in the world.
North Central Florida researchers say they have come up with a way to emulate that process, with a proprietary mix of enzymes that they can bathe the beans in. Ken Barr of Coffee Primero explains how its done to David Snyder in the Technology Spotlight.
- Technology Spotlight 11/2/10 "Automatic License Plate Reader"
- Brought Together by Technology
- Solar Flare Could Impact Electrical, Communications Systems
- Hyundai recalls 883K Sonatas to fix gear shifters
- Court's Net Neutrality Ruling Could Hurt Startup Companies
- Your Wallet Now on Your Smartphone?
- Time to Clean Up Your Cloud
- UF Creates Brain Drone
- Monitoring Social Media
- Local Teacher Creates Unique Environment For Students