Weirsdale Man, 26, Dies In Car Crash
A 26-year-old Weirsdale man died Saturday night after he was thrown from his vehicle when it spun out of control.
Police said Gregory Trent was speeding on NE 30th Court around 8 p.m. in Marion County. According to the police report, Trent ran through a stop sign at the intersection of Country Road 329, and began to spin until his Nissan was facing the wrong way in the road. Police said the car was then hit by another Nissan, which caused the car to continue to rotate, forced the drivers side door to open, and threw Trent from the vehicle.
Trent was pronounced dead at the scene. The other driver suffered minor injuries.
- Georgia Man, 26, Dies In I-75 Crash In Alachua County
- Weirsdale Man Dies, After Crashing Car Into Tree
- Fort McCoy Man, 27, Dies In Early Morning Car Crash
- Ocala Man, 18, Dies in Single-Vehicle Crash
- Man dies after car crash in Marion County
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- Man Dies After Car Flips Several Times, Crashes Into Trees
- Ocala Man Dies In Car Crash
- Man, Woman Hit By Car Near Midtown
- Self-driving car driver died after crash in Williston, a first