Winter Clothing in High Demand
With temperatures that have yet to reach 60 degrees this year, many Floridians have had to expand their normal winter wardrobe. However, finding proper winter clothes isn't necessarily easy.
Beth Parrish thought she would be safe giving away her warm clothes as she headed south to a warmer climate, but now she wishes she had kept some of her North Carolina clothing. The selection of coats, hats, and gloves at Belk in The Oak's Mall is slim. "When we left North Carolina I gave away all of my Cuddle-Duds, I gave away all of my gloves, I gave away all of my warm slippers..."
Belk Management says items that are not normally fast sellers are now in high demand. They are expecting Woman's Coats and Men's Gloves to be sold out within the next few days. One manager says the last time Belk sold out of outwear was more than twenty years ago.
- High Springs Issues Response to PBA Demands
- Clothing Found In Forest Belongs to Missing Man
- Police: Woman Steals $900 Of Clothing From Gainesville Store
- Suspects Take Victim's Clothes In Armed Robbery
- Gun Permits, Food Stamps in Demand
- Allegations of racism at Gainesville gas station. Now family demands justice
- Local Educators Voice Demands For More School Funding in a
- Workers Demand their Paychecks
- GRU Breaks Electricity Demand Record
- Undocumented Students Demand In-State Tuition At UF