Winter Fun at Archer Elementary School
It can be rough sledding for students getting back into the school routine after the holidays. Especially when its so cold outside! But some students and teachers used the cold weather to their advantage Thursday morning.
Dozens of Archer Elementary students lined up to slide down an icy hill on cafeteria trays or anything they could get their hands on. Earlier this week the sprinklers in a school courtyard were left on overnight and the next morning everything was frozen. The kids loved it so the school did the same thing to the hill. Teachers and staff also got in on the action.
If it's cold enough school administrators said they might cover the hill with ice again next week.
- Archer Elementary student recovering after car crash
- Legacy Elem. Will Reduce Overcrowding at Other Schools
- School Year Resumes With Changes For Starke Elementary School
- 'Dads Take Your Kids to School Day' is a huge success at a local school
- Starke Elementary School Relocated
- Deployed U.S. Air Force Staff Sergeant surprises family at school
- School Nurse Arrested For Stealing Prescription Drugs From Students
- East Marion Elementary School Undergoes Deep Cleaning After Infection Outbreak
- FluMist Vaccines Available In Schools
- The Same Deputy Will Now Remain in Elementary Schools