Another Johnson Steps Down From Levy County Sheriff's Office
After yet another internal investigation found more misconduct, a Levy County deputy has resigned. Sheriff Johnny Smith confirms that Chuck Johnson has turned in his badge.
A TV20 investigation found a long list of transgressions that were substantiated against Johnson, but until now he has received only a slap on the wrist. His father is second in command in the sheriff's office, but on Tuesday, Colonel Mike Johnson announced his retirement.
On Thursday his son, Deputy Chuck Johnson, submitted his resignation. To find out why, you can watch the video on the right.
We want to warn you, some of the information in the report is graphic.
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Laptops stolen from Micanopy Middle
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- K-9 Officer Escapes from Kennel, Found Safe
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Levy County Deputies Make Second Meth Bust in Two Days
- Family of Levy County Shooter Releases Statement
- Lt. Jack Jacobs enters sheriff's race
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget