Another Johnson Steps Down From Levy County Sheriff's Office
After yet another internal investigation found more misconduct, a Levy County deputy has resigned. Sheriff Johnny Smith confirms that Chuck Johnson has turned in his badge.
A TV20 investigation found a long list of transgressions that were substantiated against Johnson, but until now he has received only a slap on the wrist. His father is second in command in the sheriff's office, but on Tuesday, Colonel Mike Johnson announced his retirement.
On Thursday his son, Deputy Chuck Johnson, submitted his resignation. To find out why, you can watch the video on the right.
We want to warn you, some of the information in the report is graphic.
- Another Levy County Sheriff's Office Investigation Concludes
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Cracks Down on Career Criminals
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- K-9 Officer Escapes from Kennel, Found Safe
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Levy County Deputies Make Second Meth Bust in Two Days
- Family of Levy County Shooter Releases Statement