Candelight Vigil Held To Honor Former Gainesville Police Officer
Friends, family and fellow law enforcement held a candlelight vigil Friday night for former Gainesville Police Department Officer Scott Baird on the ninth anniversary of his death.
Organizers set up a wreath to honor baird. His mother, who is a current Gainesville police officer, read a poem in honor of her son.
Baird was killed in 2001 while removing a batting cage from a street behind Gainesville High School.
Officers later determined that the cage was placed in the road as a prank.
Police have yet to charge anyone in baird's death.
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Sentenced
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Receives Two Year Prison Sentence
- University of Florida Police Department Honors Fallen Officer
- Former Police Officer Turns Himself In To Jail
- Former Waldo Police Officers Suing City
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Vigil Honored Murdered Doctor from Kansas
- Retired Gainesville Police Officer Laid to Rest
- Gainesville Police Officer Resigns After An Ongoing Investigation
- Gainesville Police Investigate Claims of Officer Bribery