Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Candelight Vigil Held To Honor Former Gainesville Police Officer
Friends, family and fellow law enforcement held a candlelight vigil Friday night for former Gainesville Police Department Officer Scott Baird on the ninth anniversary of his death.
Organizers set up a wreath to honor baird. His mother, who is a current Gainesville police officer, read a poem in honor of her son.
Baird was killed in 2001 while removing a batting cage from a street behind Gainesville High School.
Officers later determined that the cage was placed in the road as a prank.
Police have yet to charge anyone in baird's death.
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Sentenced
- Former Gainesville Police Officer Receives Two Year Prison Sentence
- University of Florida Police Department Honors Fallen Officer
- Former Police Officer Turns Himself In To Jail
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- Vigil Honored Murdered Doctor from Kansas
- Gainesville Police Officer Resigns After An Ongoing Investigation
- Gainesville Police Investigate Claims of Officer Bribery
- Gainesville Police Officer Chases Speeding Car
- Gainesville Police Officers Win Another Battle In Fight Over Holiday Pay