City Of Gainesville Uses Social Networking To Get Citizens Involved
Social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter are beginning to replace traditional E-mail and website's in people's everyday lives.
Recognizing that Gainesville is a college town, and most people want to get their information through one stop shopping sites like Facebook, the city of Gainesville has started aggressively expanding it's web presence.
Now, with the click of a mouse, the city's communication team is able to send information to a whole new demographic.
With over 16,000 fans on Facebook and the creation of a Twitter account, the city has one of the biggest social networking presences in the region.
If you want to follow the city of Gainesville on Facebook or Twitter, you can find them http://www.cityofgainesville.org under the get Gainesville tab.
- Local Government Taps Into Social Networking
- Gainesville Getting First-Ever Senior Citizens Center
- 5th Grader "Citizens of the Month" Tour City of Gainesville
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media
- Getting Involved In The Race For The White House
- City of Gainesville To Get New Traffic Signal Software
- Marion County Citizens Fight to Get "Amendment 11" Passed
- Gainesville High Social Studies Chair Named "Teacher of the Year"
- Protect Gainesville Citizens Meeting
- Local Fishermen Use Clams To Get Oysters