Controversial Colonel Steps Down
The controversial number two man at the Levy County Sheriff's Office has decided to step down.
In a story broken by TV20 last Tuesday, many believed Colonel Mike Johnson was responsible for preferential treatment given to his son, Deputy Chuck Johnson. Allegations of untruthfulness, using a racial slur, and using his taser on his pet dog were substantiated by the sheriff's office against Deputy Johnson. He was suspended, but members of a discipline review panel said the punishment needed to be more severe.
Last Friday, TV20 broke a story regarding possible preferential treatment for Colonel Johnson's daughter, Susan Everett. Two employees wrote reports to superiors about Everett possibly stealing another employee's prescription pills but there was no investigation.
Now, TV20's Josh Rosenthal tells us that while Colonel Johnson still says he did nothing wrong, his days at the Levy County Sheriff's Office are numbered.
To see the whole report, you can watch the video on the right.
- UF President Bernie Machen Will Not Step Down
- Cubans React to Castro Stepping Down
- Gainesville Police Officer Steps Down Because of Internal Investigation
- Castro Steps Down
- Alachua City Manager Stepping Down Early
- Gibson Steps Down from World News
- Two Prominent Alachua County Judges Step Down
- State Attorney To Step Down
- Democratic Chair Steps Down 'While Party is Strong'
- Lawsuit Against Gainesville Delayed After Judge Steps Down