Deputies Search For Answers In Fatal Dog Attack
Law enforcement officials are still trying to sort out what happened to a three-year-old girl after she was found mauled by a American Bulldog Saturday evening in Ocala.
There were people coming and going onto the Haacker family dog ranch Sunday afternoon. Some to pay their respects, but some had nothing to say at all.
There was no answer to the question everyone is wanting to know What happened to the little girl found mauled by one or possibly more dogs at the ranch.
Residents just hearing the news, can't believe it. People dropped off flowers to pay their respects.
Marion County Sheriff's deputies responded to a dog attack at 6540 Northeast 25th Ave in Ocala around 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
Deputies said the owners run an American Bulldog Breeding business and that these dogs were not family pets. The four dogs were removed from the property and brought to Marion County Animal Center.
Animal Program Coordinator Elaine Deiorio says it will be determined if the dogs are dangerous or not, but the one believed to have mauled the child was turned over by the owner.
"The last dog that was seen with the child, the one with the chain wrapped around the child's neck, that one has been surrendered and will be euthanized tomorrow," Deiorio said.
The sheriff's office said they are still investigating. They say it is to early to say whether or not Lori Haaker will be charged with anything.
- Columbia County Deputy Forced to Shoot Attacking Dog
- Fatal Dog Shooting Justified, Owners Disagreed
- Dixie County deputy and Two Women fatally wounded In Shootout
- Keystone Heights Man Fatally Shot by ASO Deputies
- Woman Accepts Plea Deal For Dog Attack
- Ruling: 2 Dogs Should be Euthanized for Attack
- Woman Requires 150 Stitches after Dogs Attack
- Cop Attacked by Dogs
- Dogs attack Horse
- Another Vicious Dog Attack