Finding a Cure
Music, food and some fun makes you wonder who all this is for. The guest of honor, seven-year-old Phoenix Fox.
Fox was diagnosed with Pompe disease at three months old. Gainesville based cleaning service, Student Maid, is hoping to raise money at the first annual Phoenix Foxtrot charity event for research to find a cure.
"There is a doctor at Shands, whose been working towards a cure so we're putting money, trying to raise money for that cure to help phoenix and all the other kids who have Pompe disease," Kristen Hadeed said.
Fox must rely on a ventilator to live. Family members say Phoenix wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the research that's been done.
"I think it's important to note how important these fundraisers are," George Fox said. "The money really does equate to cures and treatments. Phoenix is living proof of that."
According to research, Pompe disease affects one in 40-thousand people worldwide.
For more information or to find out how you can help, go to phoenixfoxtrot.com
- PHOTO FUNDRAISER FOR CURED FOUNDATION
- Stimulus Dollars Cure Summertime Blues
- Hopping for A Cure
- Gators Race for the Cure 5K
- Hopping 4 a Cure Tries to Break World Record
- UF Scientists Nearing Crazy Ant Cure
- "Kick Off For a Cure" for Cystic Fibrosis This Saturday
- Share the Cure 2012
- "Kick-Off for a Cure" Tailgate Event
- Kick Off To A Cure