Gainesville Airport Collects 8,000 Shoes For Haiti Earthquake Victims
People across North Central Florida have been donating clothes, supplies and money to Haiti earthquake victims since the day after the earthquake wrecked havoc on the island nation.
Gainesville Regional Airport teamed up with Atlantic Southeast Airlines to collect shoes to be flown to Haiti.
More than 8,000 pairs of shoes were donated to the cause. The Soles for Souls organization will distribute the shoes.
- FHP Writes Nearly 8,000 Tickets Over the Thanksgiving Holidays
- DeCastro Hopes 8,000 Absentee Ballots Get Tossed Out
- Gainesville Woman Continues To Collect Truckloads Of Donations For Haiti
- Haiti Earthquake Survivor Speaks To Gainesville Church
- Gainesville Group Builds "Earthbag Houses" For Haiti Earthquake Survivors
- Organizers Collect $6,000 In Rubber Duck Race Fundraiser
- Haiti Earthquake Survivors Lacking Visas Detained In Florida
- Campers Raise Over $1,000 For Haiti
- Local Missionaries Help Earthquake Victims
- UF students, faculty mourn victims of Nepal earthquake