Gainesville Man Arrested on Drug Charges Following Traffic Stop
A Gainesville man was behind bars Friday night after officials say a routine traffic stop turned into a significant drug bust.
It all started when Gainesville Police say Trevarus Edwards, 23, attempted to throw a small baggie of marijuana out his car window.
Police recovered the small bag... as well as a much larger one... and one hundred dime-size bags of marijuana in his car.
Edwards reportedly told police that he was going to sell the drugs, but changed his mind and decided to keep them for personal use instead.
He was also arrested on charges of robbery and grand theft following a break-in last November.
- Gainesville Man Stopped for Seat Belt Violation, Arrested for Drug Possession
- Bronson Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- U.S. Marshals Arrest Williston Man on Drug Charges
- Traffic Stop Yields Stolen Drugs
- Traffic Stop Leads To Drug Bust
- Gainesville Man Arrested, Charged In 2009 Sexual Battery Incident
- Two Students Arrested Following Explosion Outside Gainesville Charter School
- Putnam Corrections Officer Arrested on Drug Charges
- 13 People Arrested in One Day on Drug Charges
- Off-Duty Deputy Charged with Fleeing Traffic Stop