Gainesville Police Officer Accused of Abusing Daughter
The wife of the accused Gainesville police officer who is on trial for abusing his two month old daughter, took the stand Wednesday recalling the day she saw her injured child.
Her husband, Wade Priester, claims to have been sleeping when he awoke to find their daughter on the floor naked with the family dog standing over her. Priester called his wife who was at work -- not 911 to report what had happened. The state says the marking are consistent with child abuse.
"I just kept asking the same questions over and over again trying to put into my head what had happened," says Tabitha Priester.
The state is planning to wrap up their case by Friday. The defense may start calling their witnesses on Friday, but will last through most of next week. The dog has been handed over to a family friend.
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested
- Police: Gainesville Man Accused Of Beating, Stabbing Woman
- Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Mother Accused Of Abuse Talks With WCJB
- Man Accused of Animal Abuse says "I'm not a bad guy"
- Juvenile Correctional Facility Employee Accused of Child Abuse
- Mother-Daughter Duo Opens New Charter School in Gainesville
- Gainesville Mother Apparently Catches Babysitter Smothering Her 11-Month-Old Daughter
- Adult Care Center Owner In Williston Charged With Abuse & Exploitation