GPD Mounted Patrol Training
Patrolling the streets of Gainesville during weekends and major events can be difficult for police because its tough to get through the crowd. In those cases, Gainesville police often turn to their mounted patrol. It takes months of training before those horses are certified to hit the roads.
GPD puts them in situations such as breaking up crowds, catching criminals, and breaking up fights after an argument gets out of control. The horses in the mounted patrol are considered officers that can't be touched aggressively. Anyone who hits a horse may be arrested or issued a ticket.
- Mounted Patrol Unit
- GPD Increases Patrol
- Pressure Mounts on PSC Commissioners
- Florida Highway Patrol Up For Reaccreditation
- FHP increases patrol
- OPD Patrol
- Police Are Criticized For Downtown Patrol Tactics
- FL Highway Patrol Cracks Down on Speeding and Aggressive Drivers
- Bull Damages Patrol Cars
- Increased Patrols In Gainesville Neighborhood Lead To Harassment Claims