In Dixie County a grand jury indicted 55 year old John Kalisz on charges of first degree murder. Deputies say Kalisz shot and killed Dixie County Captain Chad Reed on the evening of January 14th while trying to arrest him. Kalisz was wanted in Hernando County for reportedly shooting and killing two women, then fleeing to cross city. As Captain Reed approached Kalisz's van, he shot him in the face.
Gunfire was exchanged and both men were taken to Shands. Reed later died that evening.
- Kalisz Pleads Guilty in Shooting Death of Chad Reed
- Kalisz Sentenced to Life
- Kalisz Medical Bills
- Kalisz Returns to Cross City for Court Appearance
- John Kalisz's Murder Trial Could Be Delayed
- John Kalisz Will Stand Trial For The Murder Of Captain Chad Reed
- John Kalisz Hearing
- John Kalisz Hearing For The Murder of Dixie County Capt. Chad Reed
- John Kalisz dies in prison
- Hernandez Arraignment Set After Murder Indictment