Leo Dorbad Takes the Stand
For almost four years, he's maintained his innocence in the shooting death of his roommate. Today, Leo Dorbad took the stand telling the jury he didn't mean to shoot Dawn Luciano.
Dorbad told the jury he heard a noise in the garage, grabbed a gun and walked into Luciano's bedroom on the night of June 15, 2006 and saw Luciano and Nick Kratz, a friend of Luciano's, getting ready to have sex. Dorbad says he confronted Luciano after Kratz left the home. He testified he was trying to turn off the television in her bedroom when Luciano approached him - that's when, according to Dorbad, the gun went off.
The defense is planning on calling one more witness Friday morning before closing arguments are made and it's turned over to the jury. A verdict is expected sometime Friday.
- Leo Dorbad Back in Court
- Leo Dorbad Verdict
- Leo Dorbad Gets a New Trial
- The Trial Against Leo Dorbad Gets Heated as Prosecutors Argue Their Case
- Verdict In Leo Dorbad Trial
- Zimmerman Day 12: Defense Rests Without Him Taking Stand
- Michael Bargo Takes the Stand in Trial
- Michael Bargo Takes the Stand in a Surprise Testimony
- Seath's Mother Takes the Stand
- Charlie Ely Takes The Stand