Man Caught Stealing Food While Residents Were Home
A man was arrested after he broke into an apartment while two men were home, and attempted to steal over 2,700 dollars worth of merchandise.
Around 6 a.m. Saturday morning, 21-year old Nelson Banegas broke into an apartment at Federick Gardens in Southwest Gainesville by climbing through the window that was only five feet away from where one of the men was sleeping.
Once inside, Banegas stole laptops and food, that's when one of the residents woke up.
After finding him, the victim jumped on Beanegas and got him on the ground, where he was able to detain him until police arrived.
But this isn't the first time Banegas has broken into an apartment at Federick Gardens.
Last November, he also broke into a window of a woman and threatened her with a knife, but he was able to get away before police arrived.
He admitted it to Detective Farrah Lormil during questioning.
"I told him, there are going to be other people that are going to come forward whether they saw you and now would be the time to tell me and he said he had done it once before," said Lormil.
Banegas is being held on felony charges of burglary of an occupied dwelling and grand theft.
- Round Two For A Man Caught Stealing Neighborhood Items
- Man Caught Stealing On Video Cameras
- Armed Burglar Enters House While Homeowners Were Inside
- While You Were Sleeping...
- Police Say Gainesville Man Burglarized Home While Looking For Work
- Man blows up home and burns himself while making meth
- Woman Claims Baby is Stolen While Partner Steals from Walmart
- Suspects Arrested While Trying to Steal Gas
- Brooker resident breaks into home and beats elderly man
- Magazine Scammers Caught Trying to Steal Pills from Disabled Woman