Man Dies After Car Flips Several Times, Crashes Into Trees
An Orlando man is dead after he lost control of his car and spun out into several trees on the side of Old Highway 17 in Putnam County.
Clarence Chappell, 41, was traveling south on the highway when he crossed over the center line and over-corrected his 2000 Pontiac. His car spun out and overturned several times before hitting several trees.
Chappell was not wearing his seatbelt and was pronounced dead at the scene.
His passenger Mickey Wright Jr. was treated for minor injuries.
- Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
- Weirsdale Man Dies, After Crashing Car Into Tree
- Woman, 39, Dies After Crashing SUV Into Tree
- Weirsdale Man, 26, Dies In Car Crash
- Fort McCoy Man, 27, Dies In Early Morning Car Crash
- Ocala Man Dies In Car Crash
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Deputies Taze Man After Causing Multiple Car Crash, Threatening Other Drivers
- Wait Times, Treatment Among Concerns for Veterans
- Teen Dies After 50-Foot Fall While Working For Tree Service