Man Dies After Car Hydroplanes, Crashes Into Trees
A Tallahassee man died in Alachua County Friday after his car hydroplaned on Interstate 75 and hit two trees on the side of the road.
Florida Highway Patrol investigators said William Huckaby Junior, 62, was traveling south on I-75 at mile marker 384 in Gainesville when his 1997 Mercedes hydroplaned and flew off the road after he attempted to change lanes.
Huckaby was pronounced dead at the scene by Alachua County Fire Rescue.
- Man Dies After Car Flips Several Times, Crashes Into Trees
- Weirsdale Man Dies, After Crashing Car Into Tree
- Man dies after car crash in Marion County
- Man dies after crashing car into Paynes Prairie marsh
- Woman, 39, Dies After Crashing SUV Into Tree
- Self-driving car driver died after crash in Williston, a first
- Teen Dies After Crashing His Car
- Recent Chiefland star athlete dies after car crash
- Weirsdale Man, 26, Dies In Car Crash
- Fort McCoy Man, 27, Dies In Early Morning Car Crash