Marion County Opens the Doors to its New Courthouse
There were a lot of smiles today at the ribbon cutting of the new Marion County Judicial Center.
Rapid growth and an increase in county cases prompted the five-story expansion project.
The courthouse includes five additional courtrooms, new arraignment and jury assembly areas and enough offices to accommodate up to 500 county officials.
Commissioners budgeted 42 million dollars for the the expansion and were able to complete the project a million dollars under budget.
"The board of county commissioner committed to this project over a number of years and stuck with the vision of doing something very very special for not only the people that we serve in this building but what the building represents to the community," said County Commissioner Barbara Fitos.
Officials said 77% of the labor that went into the project came from companies based in Marion County.
- City Of Alachua Opens Multi-Million Doors To New Police Department by Stacey Samuel
- Marion County Post Office Shuts Its Doors
- Walmart Opens in Marion County
- Sinkhole Near Suwannee County Courthouse
- Area Business Opens Doors for Those in Need
- Spirit Of Faith Officially Opens Its Doors
- Balance 180 Opening Doors For Young Athletes
- New Library and Neighborhood Resource Center Opens in Alachua County
- Marion County May Benefit from National Rodeo's Possible New Venue
- One Marion County School May Get A New Look