Newnans Lake Fish Harvest
Newnans Lake is getting some much over due help to clean up the lake which is over run by gizzard shad. Saint Johns River Water Management District have hired contractors to catch the fish and turn them into bait. The lake has become polluted from phosphorus that is naturally in the soil. The phosphorus increases algae growth and makes the lake murky. The lake is still safe for fishing but this leads to an increase in gizzard shads and less sport fish. The shad will be processed in Port Saint Joe and then sold as bait for crawfish in Louisiana. Through April they hope to net nearly 500,000 pounds of shad. The lake will remain open to recreation throughout the project.
- Body Found in Newnan's Lake
- New Details of Newnan's Lake Death
- Fish Kill in Lake City
- Fish Kill At Santa Fe Lake
- FWC: Fish Orlando App Shows Maps of Lakes
- Fish Fraud: Do You Know Where Your Fish Comes From?
- Florida Orange Harvest Looking Dark With Citrus Greening
- Palmer-Pigweed Hurting Peanut Harvest
- Alachua County Forever Timber Harvesting Plan
- Florida Peanut Harvest