Three-Year-Old Child Mauled To Death By Dog
Marion County deputies say a three-year-old child died Saturday evening after being mauled by a dog.
The three-year-old's mother, Lori Haaker, 47, bred American Bulldogs at their home on Hakker's Dream Bulldog Ranch, which is located at 6540 NE 25th Ave in Ocala. Hakker was cleaning the pen at about 5 p.m. Saturday when the toddler wandered off.
Deputies said Haaker found her daughter inside the pen, mangled in the chain of one of the male dogs.
The Marion County Fire Department got a call at 5:15 p.m. They arrived on scene four minutes later, and the toddler was already dead.
Animal services have taken custody of all four dogs, and are investigating if all are "vicious animals." If so, they will be put down.
Deputies said they need to continue their investigation before they can decide if Haaker will be charged with the death of her three-year-old daughter.
Please check back later on wcjb.com for more updates.
- Three-year-old Boy Found Dead at Bottom of Abandoned Pool
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Fire kills 75 year old woman and at least 44 dogs
- Man Sentenced to 14 Years for Dog's Death
- Fla. dog owner gets 10 years in boy's death
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
- 2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank
- One year old Ocala child falls into septic tank and dies
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old