The Trial Against Leo Dorbad Gets Heated as Prosecutors Argue Their Case
Prosecutors had their chance to argue their point that Leo Dorbad intentionally shot and killed his 28-year old roommate Dawn Luciano.
Tuesday marked the beginning of Dorbad's third trial. The first concluded in a hung jury, the second one Dorbad was overturned on appeal. Prosecutors used the murder weapon to demonstrate how the shooting could not have been accidental.
"The safety engages before the gun can actually fire so you actually have to apply force to the trigger and hold it to the rear and that will enable firing of the gun", said FDLE gun expert, Peter Ladizabo.
Dorbad testified in previous trials that the shooting was indeed accidental. His lawyers are scheduled to give their full argument tomorrow. The trial is expected to run through the end of the week, with a verdict on friday.
If convicted, Dorbad could face life in prison.
- Leo Dorbad Gets a New Trial
- Verdict In Leo Dorbad Trial
- A Cold Case Heats Up at Trial...
- Leo Dorbad Back in Court
- Leo Dorbad Verdict
- Leo Dorbad Takes the Stand
- Prosecutors Don't Want Trial To Be About Martin
- Prosecutors Opt for Hazing Charges in FAMU Case
- Florida Prosecutor in Martin Case Wins Re-election
- Prosecutor: Plea Deals Set in Florida A&M Hazing Case