UF Will Deput Solar Home At International Competition
A group of University of Florida students will debut an 800-square-foot solar home designed, constructed and marketed for this summer's solar competition.
The UF team, comprised of more than 70 students and advisers, began work on the project in 2008. The team now has its eyes set on Madrid, where it will compete in 10 categories such as innovation, solar power, sustainability and communication.
Of the 19 schools selected to compete, UF and Virginia Tech are the only U.S. schools that were selected.
- Zero Energy Solar Homes
- Gainesville Extreme Makeover Home Editon Episode Will Air Sunday
- Lenders Halting Sale of Foreclosed Homes Will Impact North Central Florida
- GPD Internal Investigations
- Gainesville Police Officer Steps Down Because of Internal Investigation
- Local White House Intern
- Ocala International Airport Gets New Control Tower
- International Artist Creates Political Drawings For Gainesville Museum
- Ocala's International Thoroughbred Apprenticeship
- "International Friendship" Thanksgiving Dinner