Volunteers Give Gainesville School A Makeover
With a lot of hard work and dedication, volunteers are giving Lake Forest Elementary School a new look.
When students, faculty and staff walk through the hallways Monday, they will see more than just brick walls. They can enjoy the dozens of murals that have been painted all over.
Project makeover was created back in 2007 to help revamp schools that are in need.
Organizers raised close to $5,000 for the project. So far, there have been more than 300 people come out.
"The educational murals they have going, it's like continuous teaching in a positive way for all the students, so this is one of the best experiences I've ever had," Principal Diane Hill said.
Hill says the kids will be speechless when they go back to school Monday.
Volunteers will finish painting Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- 300 UF Students Volunteer At Gainesville Elementary Schools
- Gators Volunteer at Extreme Home Makeover
- Volunteers Clean Up Gainesville Creek
- Surprise Extreme Home Makeover for Elementary School
- Music School Makeover
- A Makeover for Idylwild Elementary School
- Extreme Makeover Holds Gainesville Pep Rally
- ABC's Extreme Makeover in Gainesville
- "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" Chooses Gainesville Family
- Gainesville Episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition To Air In February