Alachua County Educators Plan Rally
Last week, the rally was in Tallahassee, now Alachua County educators plan to have their own rally in Gainesville.
The Alachua County Education Association will be hosting an education rally on Wednesday at 4 p.m. in front of the Kirby Smith Center in Gainesville. The group plans to protest against legislation such as a Senate bill that would base teacher's pay on student performance. It's already passed.
Now they're taking aim at a house bill that addresses the same issues.
Organizers hope teachers, students, and parents will all take part in Wednesday's rally.
- Florida Board of Education Passes 6 Year Achievement Plan
- Staff Recommends County Commission Deny Plum Creek Plan
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Gainesville/Alachua County's 10-Year plan to end homelessness- Part 2
- Alachua County officials discuss City of Hawthorne's plan to annex land
- Residents rally for Planned Parenthood
- As Neighborhood Protestors Rally, Church Plans to Add More Signs
- One Class at a Time: Meet February Winner Brooke Newell
- One Class at a Time: Meet December Winner Lawrie Gebhardt
- One Class at a Time: Meet November Winner Janet Wisby