Alachua County Educators Plan Rally
Last week, the rally was in Tallahassee, now Alachua County educators plan to have their own rally in Gainesville.
The Alachua County Education Association will be hosting an education rally on Wednesday at 4 p.m. in front of the Kirby Smith Center in Gainesville. The group plans to protest against legislation such as a Senate bill that would base teacher's pay on student performance. It's already passed.
Now they're taking aim at a house bill that addresses the same issues.
Organizers hope teachers, students, and parents will all take part in Wednesday's rally.
- Staff Recommends County Commission Deny Plum Creek Plan
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Thousands Expected for Upcoming Education Rallies in Tallahassee
- Florida Board of Education Passes 6 Year Achievement Plan
- Gainesville/Alachua County's 10-Year plan to end homelessness- Part 2
- Alachua County officials discuss City of Hawthorne's plan to annex land
- Alachua County faces major decision on Plum Creek plan
- Residents rally for Planned Parenthood
- As Neighborhood Protestors Rally, Church Plans to Add More Signs
- Alachua County parents concerned over new state education bill