Alachua County Educators Plan Rally
Last week, the rally was in Tallahassee, now Alachua County educators plan to have their own rally in Gainesville.
The Alachua County Education Association will be hosting an education rally on Wednesday at 4 p.m. in front of the Kirby Smith Center in Gainesville. The group plans to protest against legislation such as a Senate bill that would base teacher's pay on student performance. It's already passed.
Now they're taking aim at a house bill that addresses the same issues.
Organizers hope teachers, students, and parents will all take part in Wednesday's rally.
- Staff Recommends County Commission Deny Plum Creek Plan
- Alachua County Fire Rescue focusing on public education
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Crowds Gather to Rally Against Standardized Tests
- Alachua Co. Branch of the NAACP Rallies Voters in Archer
- Anti-bullying rally helps combat bullying
- Community rallies behind fire department
- Thousands Expected for Upcoming Education Rallies in Tallahassee
- City of Alachua reviewing site plan for new Walmart
- Florida Board of Education Passes 6 Year Achievement Plan