Columbia County Deputies Arrest Naked Burglar
It's something many homeowners fear coming home at night and discovering an intruder in your house.
Columbia County Sheriff's Office deputies arrived quickly and found Shane Tyler Tinsman inside the home, and that's when things took an odd twist.
"Our deputies tried to talk him out of the home," Sgt. Edward Seifert said. "He wouldn't come out of the house on the verbal commands at which point they entered the home with three or four deputy sheriffs and found him laying on the floor naked."
After discovering robbery wasn't the motive, officers wanted to know what he was doing in the home.
"He took a shower, had some food, and was just watching TV naked," Seifert said. "I don't know where his clothes were, but he was there in the nude when he was taken into custody."
Tinsman is currently being held at the Columbia County Detention Facility. He is charged with burglary and criminal mischief. His bond has been set at $2,000.
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Deputies search hours; armed burglars at-large
- Burglar arrested on more than two-dozen charges
- Man Arrested for Drinking and Driving his Motorcyle Naked
- Columbia Co. Deputies Searching for Shooting Suspect
- Columbia County deputies identify body found in car
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Undercover Investigation Arrests Two in Columbia County
- Columbia County Teen Arrested for Killing His Father
- Columbia County Woman Arrested for $160,000 In Medicaid Fraud