Deputies Remove 161 Cats From Home
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - Animal control officers have removed 161
cats from a Florida Panhandle home.
Escambia County deputies found the animals, along with eight dead cats in a freezer, on Saturday in Pensacola.
Larry Kruger, 61, has been charged with animal cruelty.
The surviving cats were taken to the county animal shelter and euthanized. A veterinarian determined they would pose a health risk to the other animals.
Kruger is being held on $41,000 bond.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 14 Cats Removed from Gainesville Home
- Hundreds of Cats Removed from Sanctuary
- Thousands of Bees Removed from Woman's Home
- Ex-Tarzan Actor Arrested; Big Cats Taken from Home
- Man Removed From Transplant List Because Of Exercise
- Ducks to be Removed from Historic Duck Pond Neighborhood in Gainesville
- Cats in Gainesville Need Loving Homes
- 517 Cats Rescued From Sanctuary in North Central Florida
- Deputies Search For Armed Suspect In Home Invasion Robbery
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street