Deputies: Suspect Buys Cigarettes, Returns Later To Rob Gas Station
A suspect is still on the loose after robbing a Gainesville gas station early Monday morning.
Alachua County Sheriff's Office deputies say the suspect purchased a pack of cigarettes from the Kangaroo gas station, which is located at 7302 SW Archer Road, and then returned approximately fifteen minutes later and demanded money from the store clerk.
Sheriff's Office Spokesperson Art Forgey said the suspect got away from approximately $200.
Forgey said surveillance cameras show that the suspect was wearing a bandanna as a mask and reached into his pocket indicating that he had a firearm.
- Armed Suspect Robs High Springs Gas Station
- Deputies: Armed Suspect Robs Gainesville Walgreens
- Deputies: Suspect Who Robbed Gainesville Walgreens Found Dead In His Backyard
- Gas Station Robbed at Gunpoint
- Two Gas Stations Robbed in Lake City
- Marion County residents react to deputy, man shot outside gas station
- Kangaroo Gas Station Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Years Later, One Airman Returned to Service
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Bad Weather Takes Out Gas Station Pumps