FHP Search For Man Who Shot At State Troopers
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol is searching for a 37-year-old man who shot at state troopers trying to pull him over for a traffic stop in Central Florida.
Authorities say Brody James Whitaker was driving a 1999 Chevy Suburban with California plates on Thursday when he opened fire on troopers during a short pursuit that ended in a traffic crash.
The troopers were not injured. Whitaker fled on foot.
The FHP says Whitaker has been in contact with friends and family and could be headed to Arkansas.
Brody is described as White male, 5 feet, 8 inches tall and 150
pounds. He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information can contact the FHP at 813-631-4020.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Marion Deputies Search For Man Who Shot Andre Thomas
- FHP Trooper Struck, Injured on I-75
- Gainesville Police Search For Man Who Exposed Himself In Parking Lot
- Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot
- Woman Who Shot Husband Denied Bond
- Authorities Searching For Suspects Who Raped An Ocala Woman
- FHP hopes to Reverse Hit and Run Numbers Across the State
- State Postpones Execution of FHP Killer
- Man Shot In Face During Hate Crime
- Man Fires Shots Inside Office Building In Largo