Fla. Officials Seize 1,200 Pounds Of Marijuana This Week Alone
California voters will be able to choose whether or not to legalize marijuana for recreational use in November and some are worried about the impact their drug laws have here. Some states out west already permit marijuana for medical use. Does that mean that more of those drugs are finding their way here?
This week Florida officials seized over 12-hundred pounds of marijuana throughout the state. Most of those arrests were made right here in Central Florida. Within the past week alone, Gainesville Police have arrested 24 people for possession of the drug. GPD spokesperson Tscharna Senn believes that may be because of more lax drug laws out west.
"Cases that we're working on right here, a large amount of those drugs are coming from the western states, and so how is that impacting us? It's impacting us because it's bringing out a lot more drugs into our area," said Senn.
- FHP Seizes 89 Pounds of Marijuana During Traffic Stop
- Fla. Officials Fuming Over Glaring Errors In Tourism Brochure
- 400+ Pounds of Dope Seized From Reddick Farm
- Busted with Nearly Sixty Pounds Of Marijuana
- Fla. Court Upholds Weekly Check-in for Offenders
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Funeral For Ga. Family Killed In Fla. Crash
- Fla. Teens Charged with Shooting BB Gun at Driver
- Fla. Senate Revises 'Parent Trigger' Proposal
- Fla. College Presidents Given Expensive Perks