Gainesville to Google: Pick Us For High Speed Internet Test!
The city is backing a plan to appeal to Google to test Gainesville for ultra high speed internet service.
If successful it could revolutionize the way Shands, the University of Florida and Santa Fe College operate, and help you surf the web faster at home!
From now until March 26th the City, and individual residents can make their case to Google.
The company wants to create an even faster way to search the web using fiber-to-home technology.
The technology already exists but it's expensive to use, so Google wants to test how to develop it affordably, in a few select cities.
The city of Gainesville thinks they should be one of them.
If you want to nominate Gainesville for Google's ultra high speed internet program search "gig4gnv," the top search result will direct you to a page with more information.
- Grant Approved To Give High Speed Internet To Rural North Florida Counties
- High Speed Chase in Gainesville
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- Google To Gainesville?
- Gainesville Faces Steep Competition For Google's Attention
- Cross-County, High-Speed Chase Leaves Residents Shaken
- One Dead In High Speed Chase
- Woman Leads 3 County High Speed Chase
- Man Arrested After High Speed Chase
- High Speed Chase Ends With Car Crash