Gainesville Man Confronts Burglar
It's something many of us fear...having someone break into your home while you're sleeping. But fear was not an option for one Gainseville man when he was confronted by an intruder.
M J White has been studying martial arts since he was a kid. He holds a second degree black belt in Cuong Nhu and teaches it to u-f students and faculty. Unfortunately for Christopher Brunson, he had no idea what was in store for him when he broke into White's home early Sunday morning. Brunson took this folding chair and smashed in the large window. Without time for fear to creep in, White went downstairs and confronted the stranger.
"At that point I just quickly stepped behind him and I hit him once in the back and he flattened out. From then on he listened to directions a little easier." White said.
Officers don't recommend anyone trying to capture a burglar, but said White's case was a different story.
Brunson has been charged with burglary of an occupied dwelling.
- Police Say Gainesville Man Burglarized Home While Looking For Work
- Fort White Man Accused of Burglarizing Two Schools
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street
- Man Walks in on Burglar
- Confrontation at Elementary Student pick up line
- Unchallenged Incumbent Confronts The Controversy by Stacey Samuel
- Woman Fights Off Burglar
- Armed Burglar Enters House While Homeowners Were Inside
- Library Burglarized in Cedar Key
- Teens Charged For Several Car Burglarizes