Greening the Gator Nation And Beyond With Public Transportation
If you ever take the city bus to work, school or the mall instead of hoping in your car, you're already helping the environment!
Now, the City of Gainesville's RTS buses are making it even easier to be green.
The city will expand the number of buses using biodiesel from 22 campus routes to their entire fleet of 105.
The move will not only help reduce pollution, but will also improve gas efficiency, which saves taxpayers money and keeps rates down.
The conversion will cost one hundred thousand dollars and will be funded through the Federal Department of Transportation.
The city expects to have their entire fleet converted by the fall...and another perk to making the switch? A smoother ride!
- No Public Transportation in Parts of Ocala...Leave Residents With No Choice
- Isaac Threat to Gulf Well Beyond New Orleans
- Greening The Gator Nation And Extending Service
- A Shifting Society; Is Public Opinion Changing on Controversial Issues?
- Build Green To Save Green
- Going Green to Save some Green
- Can Going Green Save You Some Green?
- Going Green, Saving Green?
- Growing Green To Save Green
- UF Attacks, S.N.A.P. Transportation Doubling Number of Vans