Harrell Charged With Murder of Somer Thompson
After five long months of the investigation into the murder of 7-year-old Somer Thompson, the person of interest in the case..is now officially charged with murder.
The seven-year old was abducted and killed on her way home from her Orange Park Elementary School back in October. 24-year old Jarred Harrell was arrested in Mississippi on child pornography charges last month and this morning he was in back in Florida facing charges of the pre-meditated murder and sexual battery of 7-year old Somer Thomspon. Harrell was extradited from Mississippi to Clay County to face 55 charges involving molestation and child pornography.
Clay County's Sheriff, Rick Beseler says that in October, Harrell lived near Somer's home, in a house on the same path that she walked on her way home from school every day and only a few doors from where she was last seen alive.
"We have evidence that will show that Harrell assaulted Somer and killed her and dumped her body in a dumpster which ultimately ended up in a landfill in Folkston, Georgia, where it was recovered," said Beseler.
Hours after the announcement was made, Somer's mother, Diena Thompson also spoke.
"I stood here in front of all of you 150-something days ago and said that you were coming to get you, we will get you, so i would like to take this opportunity to say to jarred harrell, we got you, and you ain't getting away," said Thompson.
Harrell is currently being held without bond in an isolation cell in the Clay County Jail.
- Man, 24, Charged With Murder In Somer Thompson Case
- Local parents react on the discovery of Somer Thompson's body
- Funeral and Memorial Services Announced for Somer Thompson
- Major Development To Be Announced In Somer Thompson Case
- Family, Orange Park Community Says Goodbye to Somer Thompson
- Officials Confirm Body Found Is Somer's
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Man Charged in Ocklawaha Murder
- Aaron Hernandez Indicted on Murder Charge
- Zimmerman Trial Day 7: State Tries to Prove Key Elements of Second Degree Murder Charge