Hawthorne School Works On Improvements, But Not Everyone Pleased
In the small town of Hawthorne the community is getting behind some big changes, designed to help improve test scores at one school, but not everyone is happy with the effort.
As students across the State buckle down and prepare to take the FCAT Hawthorn Middle-High School is doing everything they can to improve test scores and student achievement.
The school has brought in a new principal, is utilizing new programs all in an effort to improve on the school's current grade of 'D.'
But a group calling themselves Concerned Citizens of Hawthorne is speaking out about the school's parent-teacher conference policy.
They recently had a dispute over a handful of student's history grades and wanted to meet with the teacher and the principal and address their concerns.
The Alachua County School District is defending it's practice saying even if they wanted to meet in a group, student confidentiality prevents it.
- City Rolls Out Park Improvements, With Taxpayer's Help
- Hawthorne woman puts CPR training to work
- Florida's High Schools Improving
- Williston School Hopes "3D" Program Will Improve Reading Skills
- Hawthorne Middle/High School played with ineligible player
- Firefighter Training Serves as a Reminder for Everyone
- Beating the Summertime Blues Part 3: Something For Everyone
- Tax Reform Not for Everyone
- An Alachua County Budget Decision That Everyone Seems to Agree On...
- High School Graduation Rate Improves In Florida