Hotel Sales Up from Last Year's Gatornationals
Hotel managers are hoping to see more rooms booked this year during Gatornationals than last year.
More hotels are booked this year, but employees say they hope those numbers continue to rise.
Thirteen of the 60 hotels in Gainesville are at full occupancy... up from only 8 this time last year.
Tourism experts say... while the number has gone up, it's still below where it used to be for a few reasons.
They say a trip that used to last four or five days for a lot of people is just a weekend get-away now.
They say they expect hotel sales will not only pick up... but be better than last year, predicting the usual Gatornational turnout of about 100,000.
- 2012 'Teacher of the Year' Resigns After Entering Agreement on Charge of Touching a Student
- Sales Tax Holiday's Last Day
- New Year's Eve Party
- Rural County Makes Big Gains on This Year's F-CAT Scores
- New Year's Resolutions
- Travelodge Gainesville Burns In New Year's Eve Fire
- Some Businesses Welcome New Year's Eve
- New Year's Resolution: Financially Fit in 2012
- New Year's Eve Brings Music, Money to Gainesville
- 12/31/12 Fitzness: Apps to Help you Meet New Year's Goals