Man, 24, Charged With Murder In Somer Thompson Case
ORANGE PARK, Fla. (AP) - Investigators in Florida have charged a 24-year-old man with murder in the slaying of a 7-year-old girl who disappeared while walking home from school last year.
Jarred Mitchell Harrell was charged Friday with killing Somer Thompson. He has been in custody since Feb. 11, when authorities arrested Harrell in Mississippi on Florida child pornography charges. Harrell was then extradited to Florida.
Somer disappeared Oct. 19 and a massive search was launched in the Jacksonville suburb of Orange Park. Her body was found two days
later in a Georgia landfill.
Detectives said Harrell was then living at his parents' home near Somer's school and house.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Harrell Charged With Murder of Somer Thompson
- Man Charged With Murder After Another Man, Dog Found Stabbed to Death
- Major Development To Be Announced In Somer Thompson Case
- Local parents react on the discovery of Somer Thompson's body
- Funeral and Memorial Services Announced for Somer Thompson
- Family, Orange Park Community Says Goodbye to Somer Thompson
- Woman Charged in Grisly Murder Case
- Pedro Bravo Charged With Murder In Case Against Missing UF Student
- Man Charged in Ocklawaha Murder
- Lake City Man Faces Attempted Murder Charges, After Shooting Friend