Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station
A 30-year-old McClenny man is in jail Saturday accused of armed robbery.
Columbia County Sheriff's Office deputies say Lance J. Rewis entered the Chevron Food Mart, which is located at 1414 U.S. 90 West, at approximately 8:30 p.m. Friday and demanded money from the clerk.
Sgt. Edward Seifert said the clerk told deputies that Rewis never took out a weapon. But, the clerk continued by telling deputies that Rewis kept one hand suspiciously in his jacket pocket and he suspected that Rewis was concealing a weapon.
Deputies say when the clerk went to call 911, Rewis fled the store without any money.
Witnesses told deputies that they saw Rewis run behind the gas station.
Deputies caught up with Rewis and arrested him late Friday night.
Rewis is being held without bond at the Columbia County Detention Facility on charges of armed robbery, possession of less than 20 grams of cannabis and resisting arrest without violence.
- Two Gas Stations Robbed in Lake City
- Attempted Armed Robbery at Marion Street Café in Lake City
- Lake City Armed Robbery at S & S Convenience Store
- Armed Suspect Robs High Springs Gas Station
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery Released
- Police Look For Three Suspects Accused Of Robbing Lake City Man
- Gas Station Robbery in Gainesville
- Baseball Bat Saves the Day in Attempted Ocala Gas Station Robbery
- Police searching for 2 men wanted for gas station robbery
- Kangaroo Gas Station Robbery Suspect Arrested